Business SMS App
Business SMS allows you to send and receive professional text messages from your business number(s).
Topics in this article:
Enable and assign phone numbers to receive and send SMS (for Admins):
- In order to be able to send and receive SMS, make sure to enter the Phone Numbers App and select the phone number you wish to enable.
- In the SMS Settings section, check the "Enable SMS" checkbox and assign the number to the right user(s).
- To assign a user, click the "+ Add User" button and select the right user from the drop-down list. If you wish to assign all users on account at the same time, click the "+Add All Users" button. To remove a user, click the trash bin icon to the left of the user.
- Click the "Save" button.
Note: It can take up to 12 hours before SMS is fully functional
Compose a new message:
- Click the "Compose a new message" button located on the left
- Enter the phone number you wish to text in the "To:" field
- Enter the text message in the "Enter your message" box on the bottom and hit "enter" or click the blue arrow button to the right:
- To enter e new line in your message, click enter + shift.
- If you already sent or received a text from a number and you wish to send an additional message, you can select the appropriate log and enter the new message instead of performing the first 2 steps above
Select a phone number in multiple phone numbers account:
Easily select from a list of available numbers on your account a number you prefer recipients to see. Click the phone number drop-down list on the top left and then the right phone number.
Delete a message
To delete a message, click the ⋮ icon on the top right and click Delete.
Add an attachment
You can attach various types of files (see here the list of supported formats), including PDF files, images, video clips and more. Simply click the attachment icon📎 placed on the right of the "To" field select the file and hit "enter" or the send button. You can also copy and paste or just drag the file to attach it.
Frequently asked questions:
- What kind of messages can I send and receive? Text and multimedia messaging service (MMS), including this list of formats.
- Is there a limit to how many characters? You can send and receive text messages with up to 4,028 characters.
- Is there any limitation on storing my text messages? Each user can store up to 5,000 text messages, including sent and received messages.
- Can I send a text message from a Toll-Free number? No. This is currently not supported.
- Can I send a group text? Yes. Please contact your account manager to enable this option*. When this feature is enabled, you can send an SMS text to up to 50 recipients at the same time. When you send to multiple recipients your text message will appear in separate messages. *Additional fees may apply.
- How can I know which user/employee sent the message from the main phone number? You can see the email address of the user that sent a message on top of each message.
- Can I send a text message to an international number? No. This is currently not supported.
- How can I know if I got a new SMS? When you get a new SMS you'll receive a browser notification on the bottom right. You can also learn about a new message when an orange badge shows up on the bell icon 🔔 located on the top right of the customer portal. Click on the bell to learn about the new messages. When you click a notification it'll lead you to the appropriate page in the SMS app. You will also get notified by email when you get a new message.
- How can I remove email notifications? Edit your user settings by clicking MY ACCOUNT button. Click EDIT, uncheck "Notify me by email about new messages" and click the SAVE button.